Time left until the Cookie-palooza!
Who can resist a COOKIE!!!
Bring the whole family.... to sample our contestants' cookies during our first Christmas Cookie Bake-Off as part of the Holiday Traditions Tour, December 1 and 2, 2018. We invite all home bakers to enter our contest for the best cookie in town! This old-fashioned contest will be judged at 3 p.m. on Saturday, December 1 at the Opera House in the Terrace Level.
With the theme of Christmas cookies, we know there will be many tasty morsels to sample. Any type of cookie can be entered into the contest. If you can imagine it, we're willing to try it. AND prizes will be awarded to the winners!
After registering, bring your finished cookies to the Opera House (Terrace Level) for judging. Since c
Cookie tasting is a spectator sport, our audience will love to sample your cookie so please bring at least 4 dozen cookies that we will share with the audience. PLEASE NOTE: Baked goods will not be inspected.
- Contest registration for will occur between November 6 and November 30. Please complete and send in the registration form. (You must register in advance to compete. Day off registrations will not be accepted)
- Day-off competition check-in will be between 2 – 3 p.m.
- Bakers will register in 1 of 3 divisions:
- Elf (Under 10)
- Rudolph (ages 10 – 17)
- Prancer (18 – older)
- Bakers must provide 4 dozen cookies for judging and tasting.
- Bakers must provide a copy of the cookie recipe when checking in at the competition registration on December 1.
- Three judges (selected before the tasting) will determine winners in each division and select a grand winner.
- Cookies will be judged on overall taste, appearance, presentation, and originality. Up to twenty-five points will be awarded in each category for a possible total of 100 points. Ties will be determined by the cookie with the highest points in the overall taste category.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 cookie bakers in each division. There will also be a grand prize winner determined from the first place baker in each division.