Time left until the Cookie-palooza!
It's back . . . the Grand Ledge Area Historical Society's Christmas Cookie Bake-Off!
The Grand Ledge Area Historical Society (GLAHS) invites you to share your baking prowess by entering our 2nd Christmas Cookie Bake-Off! As part of the Holiday Traditions Tour activities, the Cookie Bake-Off will begin Saturday, December 7 with the grand winner determined on Sunday, December 8, 2019. This old-fashioned Bake-Off Contest will begin with division competitions judged on Saturday, December 7 between 12:00 - 5 pm at the Opera House (Terrace Level) and conclude with the Champion determination on Sunday, December 8 from 2 - 3 pm. This contest is for all home bakers of any age and skill level.
With the theme of Christmas cookies, we know there will be many tasty morsels to sample. Any type of cookie can be entered into the contest. If you can imagine it, we're willing to try it. AND prizes will be awarded to the winners!
Cookie tasting is a spectator sport, so we know that our audience will love to sample your cookie so bring at least 4 dozen cookies that we will share with the audience. PLEASE NOTE: Baked goods will not be inspected.
- Contest registration will occur between November 6 and December 6. Email email@example.com for a registration form. Then, mail your completed registration form with $5 registration fee to GLAHS Cookie Contest c/o Grand Ledge Opera House, 121 S. Bridge St., Grand Ledge, MI 48837.
- Day-of competition check-in will be between 30 minutes before each division competition starts.
- Bakers will register in 1 of 3 divisions:
- Elf (Under 10)
- Rudolph (ages 10 – 17)
- Prancer (18 – older)
- Bakers must provide 4 dozen cookies for judging and audience tasting.
- Bakers must provide a copy of the cookie recipe when checking in at the competition registration on December 7.
- Division winners will be determined on Saturday during these time intervals:
- Elf (Under 10) Registration @ 12 pm, competition @ 12:30 pm
- Rudolph (ages 10 – 17) Registration @ 2 pm, competition @ 2:30 pm
- Prancer (18 – older) Registration @ 3:30 pm, competition @ 3 pm
- Three judges (selected before the tasting) will determine winners in each division and select a grand winner.
- Cookies will be judged on overall taste, appearance, presentation, and originality. Up to twenty-five points will be awarded in each category for a possible total of 100 points. Ties will be determined by the cookie with the highest points in the overall taste category.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top cookie baker in each division. There will also be a grand prize winner determined from the first place baker in each division.